Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

When I press shift h or h when I want to go back or forward a heading in firefox the history pops up. #2610

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 20, 2012 · 11 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by meerkat on 2012-08-20 22:37
When I press shift h or h to go back or forward a heading in firefox the history pops up.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-08-20 23:33
If this is happening, the control key is somehow being pressed as well. Perhaps you're bumping it or perhaps you have a faulty keyboard.
Changes:
Added labels: worksforme
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by ateu on 2012-08-21 01:37
Jamie,

When using a slow computer, (I had a netbook and this problem appeared), when moving quickly through headings, it occurs.
Also I have noticed the same problem in chrome.
However, using a fast pc, it doesn't occurs.
Changes:
Removed labels: worksforme
State: reopened

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2012-08-21 02:51
Pressing h or shift+h in Firefox or Chrome doesn't open history. Control+h/control+shift+h does, but NVDA never sends the control key itself. Therefore, the only thing left is that the control key is being pressed by something else. Of course, if someone can provide another hypothesis, I'd be happy to investigate, but this is all I can ascertain given the information provided.
Changes:
Added labels: worksforme
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by peter on 2012-11-23 08:25
Hi,
I have sometimes also this problem, mainly in conjunction with nvda find function. When i press ctrl+ins+f, then it seems that ctrl key is somehow frozen. I have autohotkey script which makes wrong things alwais after nvda search. I must alwais press and release left ctrl after nvda search, to be sure that ctrl key is disabled.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by peter on 2012-11-26 18:57
Hello,
Here are some comments concerning ctrl problem mentioned in previous post. Steps to reproduce:

1. Run this simple one line script:
    lctrl & rctrl::msgbox ha!
    or if you don't have autohotkey and you are not paranoid (may be that the exe is a virus ;)) then run this compiled version:
    http://jelenovipivonelej.info/d/y/a.exe
    If you press left ctrl, dont release it and press right ctrl, then the message appears.
    This script works perfectly, but if you use nvda's find function, then there is a problem
  2. open firefox or something which uses browse mode
  3. press leftctrl+insert+f to open find dialog
  4. press esc to cancel the dialog.
  5. nov press right ctrl and messagebox triggered by lctrl+rctrl appears, it seems, that the script believes that the left ctrl is still pressed

I have fast computer and am sure, that this is not problem of slow computer. May be that it is an autohotkey bug, but it occurs only in browse mode.
Changes:
Removed labels: worksforme
State: reopened

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by jteh on 2012-11-26 20:52
The fact that this affects other applications as well unfortunately very much suggests it's something we can't fix. Windows is supposed to manage key presses and we normally don't override this for modifiers. This isn't helped by the fact that I can't reproduce this here. Nevertheless, we'll hope for a solution.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by meerkat (in reply to comment 2) on 2012-12-17 22:16
I have a netbook, and I use windows 7. It only happens when I'm quickly pressing the H key or the shift H key for heading. I'm not accidently pressing the control key when this happens. Could someone please look in to this? It makes it dificult to navigate google's search results.

Replying to ateu:

Jamie,

When using a slow computer, (I had a netbook and this problem appeared), when moving quickly through headings, it occurs.

Also I have noticed the same problem in chrome.

However, using a fast pc, it doesn't occurs.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

I haven't experienced such issues in recent versions of Firefox and NVDA. Time to close? @ehollig

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 9, 2017

@Brian1Gaff, have you experienced this on slower or older computers?

@fernando-jose-silva
Copy link

I've already tried this on slow computers.
Playgrounds:
Walk a few times with arrows below and press ctrl to interrupt the speech of the nvda.
After repeated for several times pressing the arrow and ctrl to interrupt the speech me that windows or nvda does not recognize that ctrl is loose.
If this occurs by pressing h to navigate through the titles, the history can be opened as long as ctrl is still pressed.
Comments:
I can not reproduce this currently because I got rid of all very slow computers.
This was a mistake that occurred when the computer was especially slow to process something in the background.
The machine in question was an amd c6 with 1ghz and 2gb of ran with windows 10 64bits.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 6, 2018

I am still unable to reproduce this issue, and do not believe there is anything we can do with NVDA to resolve the problem. Closing as cantfix

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants