Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Add ability to report exact slider value #2617

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 23, 2012 · 3 comments
Closed

Add ability to report exact slider value #2617

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 23, 2012 · 3 comments
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. enhancement

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by pitermach on 2012-08-23 14:50
This has been posted on the NVDA support list. A user is requesting the ability to report an actual slider value rather than its percentage, which is how window-eyes does it.

I have few viry big sliders where i must have exactly talking >position. These are sliders about 10000 positions so percent >changes >every 100. I must know is this for example 20 or 80. Of >course i can >pressing down / up arrow to change percent, but this >is quite annoing.

This could just be a toggle in object presentation, or an something that could be reported after pressing NVDA+Tab. Narrator on windows 8, if report additional information is turned on, and the narrator cursor is placed on a slider, after the percentage is announced it does say, for example, "current value 400, minimum value 0, maximum value 10000".

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

@pitermach: Do you still belief this should be implemented?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@pitermach, are you still active on Github? @LeonarddeR what do you think? At least in my view, I do not care much about reporting value or percent in sliders. At least for me it is more important the percentage because it give me a sense of orientation on how far the slider goes. The absolute value is very abstract and you have to know the maximal value which results in much more verbosity.

@Adriani90 Adriani90 added the Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. label Apr 22, 2023
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

We didn't get any updates from the initial author since many years, and it seems there were no further strong arguments for implementing this so far. I am closing this as abandoned. If anyone has an use case for this and a strong argument for the need of such a feature, please comment and we can reopen.

@Adriani90 Adriani90 closed this as not planned Won't fix, can't repro, duplicate, stale Apr 22, 2023
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. enhancement
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants