Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Better Announcing Cell Coordinates in non-English localisations of OpenOffice/LibreOffice #2621

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 25, 2012 · 11 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ateu on 2012-08-25 02:36
Although NVDA reports cell coordinates in these office suites, there's 2 thins I think should not occur.

1: Cell coordinates are spoken before contents. This is inconsistent, as in Microsoft Excel and Ibm Lotus NVDA announces cell coordinates after contents.

2: Cell coordinates are spoken even if "Report cell coordinates" is turned off.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-11-02 05:12
According to my testing, this already happens in Calc (though the fix for #2765 was needed to make reading cells work at all). Is this what you were asking for?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by ateu on 2012-11-02 09:56
Hi Jamie

Now, testing with release 5637, NVDA is reading nothing and is treating the document as editable table.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2012-11-02 10:56
Are you talking about Calc? If so, you probably have reporting of row/column headers disabled.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by ateu (in reply to comment 3) on 2012-11-02 12:28
Replying to jteh:

Are you talking about Calc? If so, you probably have reporting of row/column headers disabled.

No, both row/column headers and cell coordinates are enabled. Also I've tested with other previous snapshots. Therefore, this is not a problem in JAB or with OOO or LibreOffice.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh (in reply to comment 4) on 2012-11-05 00:35
Replying to ateu:

No, both row/column headers and cell coordinates are enabled. Also I've tested with other previous snapshots.

In previous snapshots, reporting of cells in Calc was completely broken. Other users confirmed this. Something is definitely different on your system. Can you please provide the output from NVDA+f1 when on a cell in Calc? Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by ateu on 2012-11-05 02:09
Hi

Currently, I'm using Java 6 update 37 and Java Access Bridge 2.0.3.
However, testing with previous snapshots, I am not having critical problems like this.
Also, my system is Windows 7 64 bit. Maybe a difference.

Follow the log with developer info:

ERROR - eventHandler.executeEvent (22:59:35):
error executing event: gainFocus on <appModules.soffice.JAB_OOTableCell object at 0x05796E50> with extra args of {}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 136, in executeEvent
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 84, in init
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 91, in next
File "NVDAObjects__init__.pyc", line 823, in event_gainFocus
File "NVDAObjects\JAB__init__.pyc", line 395, in reportFocus
File "NVDAObjects__init__.pyc", line 767, in reportFocus
File "speech.pyc", line 317, in speakObject
File "speech.pyc", line 235, in speakObjectProperties
File "baseObject.pyc", line 34, in get
File "baseObject.pyc", line 110, in _getPropertyViaCache
File "appModules\soffice.pyc", line 76, in _get_columnNumber
File "appModules\soffice.pyc", line 20, in gridCoordStringToNumbers
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
INFO - globalCommands.GlobalCommands.script_navigatorObject_devInfo (22:59:42):
Developer info for navigator object:
name: u'C\xe9lula A2 '
role: ROLE_TABLECELL
states:
isFocusable: False
hasFocus: False
Python object: <appModules.soffice.JAB_OOTableCell object at 0x05796E50>
Python class mro: (<class 'appModules.soffice.JAB_OOTableCell'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.JAB.JAB'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>, <class 'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class 'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>, <type 'object'>)
description: u''
value: u''
appModule: <'soffice' (appName u'soffice', process ID 1272) at address 57bf5d0>
TextInfo: <class 'NVDAObjects.JAB.JABTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 1246180
windowClassName: u'SALFRAME'
windowControlID: 0
windowStyle: 365887488
windowThreadID: 4136
windowText: u'Sem t\xedtulo 1 - LibreOffice Calc'
displayText: ''

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by jteh on 2012-11-05 02:35
Thanks for the info. It looks like this happens for non-English locales. Unfortunately, OOo names the cell, for example, "Cell A1", but it looks like "Cell" is localised, which makes this really painful to detect and work around.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by ateu (in reply to comment 1) on 2012-11-05 03:05
Replying to jteh:

According to my testing, this already happens in Calc (though the fix for #2765 was needed to make reading cells work at all). Is this what you were asking for?

Yes. I've tested and the cell names only are announced if reporting cell coordinates is turned on. Also, the cell names are spoken after the content.
This is what I've requested.
About your last comment, I changed the LibreOffice language and NVDA really works fine.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by jteh on 2012-11-05 03:27
79624cb hopefully restores the previous behaviour for non-English locales. Please test and report.

The actual fix for this ticket will need to wait for a future release.
Changes:
Changed title from "Better Announcing Cell Coordinates in OpenOffice/LibreOffice" to "Better Announcing Cell Coordinates in non-English localisations of OpenOffice/LibreOffice"

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by ateu on 2012-11-05 04:17
Yes, work fine again.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 11 by jteh on 2014-09-09 04:24
This should be fixed in recent versions of OpenOffice and LibreOffice, as they have a completely reworked and far superior accessibility implementation.
Changes:
Added labels: worksforme
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants