Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Support UIA position info properties #2643

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 5, 2012 · 3 comments
Closed

Support UIA position info properties #2643

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 5, 2012 · 3 comments
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by jteh on 2012-09-05 03:18
Microsoft implemented custom UIA properties in Windows 7 Items View to retrieve the item index and item count of list items and lists, respectively. We've never supported these because they were specific to Items View, which is a bit tricky to detect. (We did request that these be added to the main UIA spec, but Microsoft refused.) It looks like other app and AT vendors are using these regardless, so we may as well do the same.

Reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff486373%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
Relevant properties:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by mdcurran on 2012-10-04 20:26
I had a quick look at this. I can certainly find the coorect constants, but I'm lost as to how to convert these GUIDs in to UIA property IDs. Seems we have to use IUIAutomationRegistra's registerProperty method, but the propertyInfo structure takes more than just the GUID (e.g. a programmatic name). The app vendor would first call registerPropertyto register these custom properties... and then I guess we call it as well? but if so what do we do with programatic name? Microsoft community promise spec is not too helpfull hear. Though I havn't looked for any updated docs on MSDN yet.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2012-10-07 23:04
The article I linked includes the programmatic names. For example, it says "(UIAutomationType: UIAutomationType_Int, Programmatic Name: "!ItemCount")".

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by mdcurran on 2012-10-08 01:14
Fixed in 183389c.
Changes:
Milestone changed from near-term to 2012.3
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added this to the 2012.3 milestone Nov 10, 2015
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant