Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA Not Reporting The Keyboard Layout #2644

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 5, 2012 · 10 comments
Closed

NVDA Not Reporting The Keyboard Layout #2644

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 5, 2012 · 10 comments
Assignees
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Shah on 2012-09-05 12:17
When switching between two or more keyboard layouts with Alt+Shift, NVDA does not report the name of the keyboard layout.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by Shah on 2012-09-27 12:02
This is only with recent snapshots. NVDA 2012.2.1 does report the keyboard layout.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2012-09-27 23:09
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2012.3

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by mdcurran on 2012-10-04 00:46
Please set your log level to input/output (under General settings), reproduce the issue and then attach the log file to this ticket (NVDA menu -> tools -> view log).

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda.log added by Shah on 2012-10-04 04:28
Description:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by Shah (in reply to comment 3) on 2012-10-04 04:42
Replying to mdcurran:

Please set your log level to input/output (under General settings), reproduce the issue and then attach the log file to this ticket (NVDA menu -> tools -> view log).

I have attached the log file.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by mdcurran on 2012-10-08 07:08
Could you please state exactly which keyboard layouts you're switching between. Including language, and layout name.
I need to be able to reproduce this exactly as the log isn't giving me enough information for this one.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by mdcurran on 2012-10-08 07:11
Just confirming that this is Windows 8? I didn't notice the OS value on this ticket when I first looked.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by Shah (in reply to comment 5) on 2012-10-08 12:21
Replying to mdcurran:

Could you please state exactly which keyboard layouts you're switching between. Including language, and layout name.

I need to be able to reproduce this exactly as the log isn't giving me enough information for this one.

I was switching between United Kingdom English, U.S. English and CRULP Urdu Phonetic 2L v1.0 layout for Urdu language.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by Shah (in reply to comment 6) on 2012-10-08 12:24
Replying to mdcurran:

Just confirming that this is Windows 8? I didn't notice the OS value on this ticket when I first looked.

Yes, I'm using Windows 8 Release Preview.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by jteh on 2012-10-23 06:06
Fixed in 2589e05.
Changes:
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants