Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA doesn't indicate groups correctly in the Windows 8 Start Screen #2658

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 9, 2012 · 3 comments
Closed
Labels
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by pitermach on 2012-09-09 08:16
STR:

1. Open the new start menu.
  2. Navigate to the right to the next group, doesn't matter which row you enter from.
    At this point, NVDA seems to use the app in the top left of the group as its name, in this case, for me, group 2 is indicated as "news grouping".
    I can think of 2 ways of announcing this better.
    JAWS 14, when you open the start screen, will say how many total items there are in the group. When moving to a new one, it also plays a sound, and again, announces the total number of items. I can provide a sound if you choose to go this way. Or it could just say "group with x items"
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-09-09 08:26
Why do you feel it is necessary to report the number of items in the group first? It seems like a sound just for this specific case is overkill. I agree that reporting an arbitrary app name as the group name is weird, though.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2012-10-14 05:34
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2012.3

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by mdcurran on 2012-10-17 00:13
26900ad no longer announces the first app as the grouping name. (I.e. it now just says grouping). Announcing number of items in the group I think should be opened as a new ticket if its really necessary. Probably won't be done for this release as to me it seems that UIA only exposes number of rows and columns, not a general count. Plus, I think practically speaking you want as little info as possible as its really the tiles themselves which are important.
Changes:
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added this to the 2012.3 milestone Nov 10, 2015
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant