Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Sapi 4 Error Loading Voice #2663

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 11, 2012 · 12 comments
Closed

Sapi 4 Error Loading Voice #2663

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 11, 2012 · 12 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by levilibegas on 2012-09-11 11:01
Good morning.
When I try to load certain Scansoft Sapi 4 voices there sounds a beep and does not load the apropiate voice. I am Using the very last development Snapshots 5447 I guess. I have Windows XP SP3.
Thanks a lot in advance.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment Sapi4ErrorNvda.log added by levilibegas on 2012-09-11 11:02
Description:
Sapi 4 I could not find an answer though it is the first time and I am not pretty sure if I did search fine. Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2012-09-11 17:42
Do you have other sapi 4 voices except Eloquence?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by levilibegas on 2012-09-12 06:43
Yes. I am using Real Speak and this error is given loading Real Speak Sapi $. Thanks for all.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by levilibegas on 2012-09-13 06:43
Hello Again Brian and everyone. I use Lernoud Hauspie aswell, which is a Sapi 4 Speech Synthesiser.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by briang1 on 2012-09-14 07:26
Well in XP here, I've tried via voice (Eloquence under another name), the one you just mentioned, and the Microsoft ones that include silly voices like in space etc, and they all load and work fine within the confines of Sapi 4.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by levilibegas on 2012-09-14 07:59
This is true but when I try to load Scansoft RealSpeak it does not load it gives me aan error. I attached a Log file. Thanks in advance.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by elliott94 on 2012-09-14 08:32
Could this possibly be related to #2629?

Levilibegas, did this issue occur with an older version of NVDA as well, or just a more recent snapshot? Their was an update to the SAPI 5 driver, but I can't imagine this would have any effect on SAPI 4 synths.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by levilibegas on 2012-09-14 09:55
Hi!! I copied into the zip file you told me to, at the ticket, but I could not solve the problem. This is a Sapi 5 Phyton and I use sapi 4 for the Scansoft RealSpeak. I have being using this synthesiser along with Balabolka and text aloud, and there is no problem. Thanks for all.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by briang1 on 2012-09-14 10:33
Well you have me confused then as that is a working installer for Sapi4 which contains some voices.
I have some realspeak voices here but they are all sapi 5 so would not send them to you.
Are you sure you mean sapi 4?

Brian

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by levilibegas on 2012-09-14 10:41
Thanks, Briang1! I know there are Scansoft voices which work using sapi 5. However, I do have older ones. These are named Isabel and Jennifer. I have not them with me, However, when I will be cack I could tell you more details looking at the files or making them available so if you could please, see the same scene. Regards.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

Since we have no means of contacting the original author, @Brian1Gaff and others were unable to reproduce the reported issue with a few SAPI 4 synthesizers, and SAPI 4 is fading into obscurity, I suggest closing this ticket. @ehollig

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 9, 2017

Closing, as @Brian1Gaff was not able to replicate the issue in #2663 (comment), and we do not have a way in contacting the original author for further clarification.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants