Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA should be able to recognize SUMMARY and CAPTION attributes for HTML tables #267

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 1, 2010 · 6 comments
Assignees
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by vtsaran on 2009-01-08 01:02
Currently, if an HTML table contains SUMMARY or CAPTION attribute, NVDA does not seem to see it.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2009-05-18 02:35
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 0.6

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by mdcurran on 2009-06-15 23:27
Caption tags are already recognized in Mozilla Gecko and MSHTML documents. Summary attributes are not.
What is the most appropriate way for us to expose the summary attribute?
Should it be rendered in to the buffer at the top of the table, above where the caption tag would go? The advantage is that it can be easily read by users automatically. Or, it could be set as the description of the field, meaning that we could possibly read it if you press t / shift+t, or by some special "read description of field" script.

I think I personally would like the summary rendered in the buffer, but what are other peoples thoughts?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by MarcoZ on 2009-06-16 06:29
I'd also vote for putting the summary in the buffer. It makes it easier to review than a description that gets spoken and then more or less evaporates and has to be re-queried.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2009-06-23 06:15
Mick did this for IE, but had some trouble doing it for Gecko. I will investigate this.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by jteh on 2009-06-25 21:50
Committed in nvVBufLib main rev 127.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by jteh on 2009-07-10 07:31
In misc-deps version 2009-07-09-01.
Changes:
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants