Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Copying an HTML table #2671

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 13, 2012 · 6 comments
Closed

Copying an HTML table #2671

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 13, 2012 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by DavePower on 2012-09-13 22:23
When in the browser mode, it would be highly desirable to be able to copy the current object list, heading level to the standard windows paste buffer. This buffer could then be copied into word for subsequent editing.

This is particularly a problem as windows Internet Explorer does not provide any keyboard shortcuts to copy part of a web page. Eg a table on a web page without copying the entire web page contents.

This option would provide equivalent features to what a sighted person can do using a mouse.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jhomme on 2012-09-14 11:03
Hi,
It's not as convenient, but a way around this would be to turn off browse mode, press Control + A, press Control + C, paste into Word, and delete all but the table of interest.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by DavePower on 2012-09-14 21:41
I recognise that a work around is to copy the entire web page and then selectively delete what you don't need, HOWEVER for web pages with multiple tables this is can be difficult and very time consuming when you have used the browser mode options to quickly navigate to the particular part of the web page you are interested in.

As an alternative, it would be nice to be able to bookmark the start of a section to copy and then use the standard navigation functionality to move to the end of the section to copy.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

bhavyashah commented Aug 12, 2017

I fully concur with this feature request, because retaining formatting such as hyperlinking, table layouts and other aesthetics seems to be all the more important in a professional setting. Anyways, please change the label of this ticket from enhancement to feature. @feerrenrut @ehollig

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I think we should treat this as a duplicate of #5354, which is broader in scope. Thoughts?

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 12, 2017

I agree with @LeonarddeR. Do I close this as duplicate, put block label on this or that one, or what exactly?

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

There is some github magic that automatically marks this as a duplicate of a ticket if you say something like: "closing as duplicate of #5354." It does not add the duplicate label though, and I'm afraid that it doesn't work if the ticket is already closed.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants