Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA doesn't read text as it is being selected in Eudora #2691

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 29, 2012 · 4 comments
Closed

NVDA doesn't read text as it is being selected in Eudora #2691

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 29, 2012 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Brendon22 on 2012-09-29 06:38
Hello,
NVDA doesn't read text as it is being selected in Eudora. NVDA just reports nuffing?
Blocked by #770

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-09-29 06:46
This is because the editable text control used by Eudora is non-standard and doesn't support standard accessibility APIs, so we have to fall back to display model.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by Brendon22 on 2014-06-15 02:13
Hello,

Eudora is know longer being developed and is such an outdated program. So I am closing this ticket as want fix. Please reopen if any issues.
Changes:
Added labels: wontfix
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by briang1 on 2014-06-15 13:57
I don't think one issue follows from the other. I'm using Juice as a podcatcher, and its no longer being developed either. If it works, people will use it.
Just saying.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by Brendon22 on 2014-06-23 20:44
Please see comment above:

This is because the editable text control used by Eudora is non-standard and doesn't support standard accessibility APIs, so we have to fall back to display model. I don't no if the issues are related, but I don't think so. If something works, that is outdated, then it will work until something comes out that doesn't support the old software, so then you will need to look for a replacement anyway. I would use something like iTunes for this. So why not use a piece of software that is kept updated. Just my view.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant