Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Place "No Speech" synth option at top of list #2724

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 15, 2012 · 8 comments
Closed

Place "No Speech" synth option at top of list #2724

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 15, 2012 · 8 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by elliott94 on 2012-10-15 16:04
As mentioned in #2722, the "No Braille" option may be moved to the top of the list of braille displays.

For consistency, this could also be done for installed synthesizers in the Synthesizer dialog.
Blocking #2722

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by ateu on 2012-10-15 16:57
Hello,

I desagree. I think both no speech and no braille should be placed after all synthesizers and braille displays, as I already open a ticket to suggest. If no speech is placed above, there is a risc to be accidentally selected.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment 0001-Organized-list-of-Braille-displays-and-speech-synths.patch added by cannona on 2014-09-08 19:21
Description:
Patch 1.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by cannona on 2014-09-08 19:26
The patch actually places the No Speech and No Braille options at the end of the lists, but IMHO, they make more sense there. Should others decide otherwise, it's a simple 2 line change to switch them to the front.

Also, this patch sorts the entries in each list. The only thing I'm not 100% certain about is if Python's .sort method will do the right thing for non-english lists.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by James Teh <jamie@... on 2014-09-10 02:41
In [813efe0]:

The Braille display and Synthesizer lists in the respective settings dialogs are now alphabetically sorted except for No braille/No speech, which are now at the bottom.

Re #2724.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by James Teh <jamie@... on 2014-09-10 02:42
In [f98f3fa]:

Merge branch 't2724' into next

Incubates #2724.

Changes:
Added labels: incubating

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by jteh on 2014-09-10 03:17
Nice work. Just one nit which I've fixed: you initialised lastSynth/lastDisplay to False, but this isn't used as a bool for truth. Therefore, I think it makes more sense/is more readable to use None instead.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to next

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by James Teh <jamie@... on 2014-10-08 00:35
In [790cef8]:

The Braille display and Synthesizer lists in the respective settings dialogs are now alphabetically sorted except for No braille/No speech, which are now at the bottom.

Fixes #2724.

Changes:
Removed labels: incubating
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by jteh on 2014-10-08 00:44
Changes:
Milestone changed from next to 2014.4

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant