Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Ffirefox won't stay focused. #2764

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 31, 2012 · 8 comments
Closed

Ffirefox won't stay focused. #2764

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 31, 2012 · 8 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by driemer.riemer@... on 2012-10-31 03:42
The mozilla firefox application has been recently reporting the title and the virtual buffer is not reading consistantly. The page will read normal for a while and occationally it will say a message like "mozilla firefox " and website title. The browser is still usable but hard to use.F

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda.log added by driemer.riemer@... on 2012-10-31 03:54
Description:
Log of nvda performing under browse mode in firefox latest version. Note Error still occurs under chrome but rarely. The error occured less often on another computer running nvda.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-10-31 04:32
You really need to be more specific than this. Thanks for providing a log, but there's a lot of content there to sift through.

First, what add-ons do you have installed? I notice there's an embedded object at the top of the NVDA web site, but there isn't in reality, so something else must be putting it there.

Does this happen more on some web sites than others? Does NVDA always say "unknown" when this happens? What are you usually doing at the time when it occurs?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by driemer.riemer@... (in reply to comment description) on 2012-10-31 13:21
Hi,
I tryed to trouble shoot this problem by forcing all of my addons to not load. I did this by replacing the addons folder with addons-- When NVDA loaded the next time I restarted it still reported the embeded object at the top of this page and even still reported the firefox thing. When I press the errow keys or tab NVDA will sometimes say the element it is focused on but will then kick back to the title of the application and page. The page will do this more often when I am performing intense tasks such as browsing the internet on pages with lots of forms links or grafics such as thoughs found on wikipedia and menus like the one on google. Sorry in my delay in replying.

Replying to driemer.riemer@…:

The mozilla firefox application has been recently reporting the title and the virtual buffer is not reading consistantly. The page will read normal for a while and occationally it will say a message like "mozilla firefox " and website title. The browser is still usable but hard to use.F

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by briang1 on 2012-10-31 18:13
I still think you need to actually tell us what the add ons are though. Also, it could be a good idea to remove Firefox and reinstall it as I've had several occasions where it can seem to be OK, but really is not. Another thought is are you sure you don't have some malware on the system, as strange effects can be caused by any piece of software that might run unexpectedly, as invisible windows can confuse nvda.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2012-10-31 23:11
Sorry. I meant what Firefox add-ons. My apologies for not being clearer.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by driemer.riemer@... (in reply to comment 4) on 2012-11-01 02:10
O Ok the add-ons I have for firefox are web vissum add-block plus, IMacros, real player plugin, last pass, start now toolbar, and skype click to call. I hope this helps.

Replying to jteh:

Sorry. I meant what Firefox add-ons. My apologies for not being clearer.

Changes:
Changed title from "firefox won't stay focused." to "Ffirefox won't stay focused."

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 17, 2017

@derekriemer any updates?

@derekriemer
Copy link
Collaborator

It was a weird ff issue which has disappeared over the last few years.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants