Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

request support urdu language again #2774

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 2, 2012 · 3 comments
Closed

request support urdu language again #2774

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 2, 2012 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by princeMoinKhan on 2012-11-02 19:13
hi,
i want to discus with you about urdu language support in NVDA
you have add previously urdu language in NVDA but now urdu language support no more in NVDA
please add again urdu language support in NVDA because we want to improve it
i have 5 to 6 student for this work like improving urdu language, translations, pronunciations and testing
if you have any problem for adding again urdu language then please let me know
thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by MHameed on 2012-11-02 20:02
Hi,

We have not done anything special in NVDA, If I remember correctly they are espeak test languages and not complete yet.
You can still use them by downloading and installing the latest test version from:
http://espeak.sourceforge.net/test/latest.html

You install the sapi5 version, then from nvda synthesizer dialog, select the sapi5 espeak (not the espeak that comes with nvda by default)
Once you select sapi5, then go to voice dialog, and select your language.

To give feedback/improvement suggestions for espeak languages, please email the espeak mailing list:
espeak-general@lists.sourceforge.net

This is all for speech.

If you want NVDA to have a translation (for the interface, messages, and manual) then we need a translator to help with this.

Looking forward to working with you and your students.

Mesar

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 17, 2017

Is the Urdu language now supported in Espeak NG? I do see it as an option voice settings dialog. CC @jcsteh @josephsl and whoever might know

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 17, 2017

I can't speak for its quality, but yes, it's listed.

Closing due to lack of feedback from reporter and availability of Urdu in eSpeak NG. For improvements in the eSpeak NG language, please follow this up in the espeak NG project. There's also an Urdu translation of the NVDA interface, though it's several years out of date now. If you are a translator and want to update this, please see the translation documentation on the wiki.

@jcsteh jcsteh closed this as completed Jul 17, 2017
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants