Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA Does Not Speak Selected Messages With The New Yahoo Mail, Via IE9 #2780

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 3, 2012 · 3 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by trenton on 2012-11-03 21:51
You will have to log in to yahoo mail to reproduce this yourselves.
The quickest way to access the list of messages, is to switch to focus mode, then press M, to check new mail. After that, arow up and down. NVDA will tell you that a message was selected, however does not tell you what the subject line of the message is. Window-Eyes 8 beta, has no problem with saying this info. Nor does Firefox using NVDA.
I am using NVDA 2012.3 Snapshot 5638, to report this info.
I suspect this will be fixed for sure in IE 10 on its own, however just wanted to toss this info to you.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2012-11-05 00:03
Regression caused by 310b8df (in release 2012.2). Yahoo! relies on the calculation of the name from descendants, but we killed this for ROLE_SYSTEM_GROUPING, which is the MSAA role these rows get.

Mick, do you remember exactly why this change was made? Obviously, always calculating the name from descendants is problematic, but can we restrict this more?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by mdcurran on 2012-11-05 01:48
Fixed in 7671ea4. The original fix was for ignoring names calculated by descendants, on DIV nodes that had a landmark or unknown ARIA role. MSHTML would set accRole to grouping and calculate name. Now I have tightened up this rule to only do it if NVDA's own role property still thinks its grouping, and its a DIV node.
Technically, MSHTML should be mapping an ARIA role of "row" to IAccessible's ROLE_SYSTEM_ROW in this particular case.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2012.3
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh (in reply to comment 3) on 2012-11-05 01:49
Replying to mdcurran:

Technically, MSHTML should be mapping an ARIA role of "row" to IAccessible's ROLE_SYSTEM_ROW in this particular case.

Yeah, that had occurred to me too. Another silly MSHTML accessibility bug.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant