Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Can not control alt down arrow in Thunderbird To field #2783

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 5, 2012 · 2 comments
Closed

Can not control alt down arrow in Thunderbird To field #2783

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 5, 2012 · 2 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ianr on 2012-11-05 17:08
When writing a new email I used to be able to be in the To field and press control + alt + down arrow to move to the next To field.

This not only moved to the next to field but would create a new one if it did not exist.

Using snapshot 5638 This no longer does anything.

I reverted to NVDA 2012.2.1 and it works as it used to.

Upon further testing I found that alt + down arrow works in snapshot 5638.

So it seems the behavior is not lost but responds to a slightly different keyboard gesture.

I checked NVDA 2012.2.1 and it also responds to alt + down arrow.

Knowing this I can just use alt + down arrow but I thought I'd report it so you are aware of the change anyway.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-11-05 22:12
This is because NVDA now overrides control+alt+arrows in Mozilla tables to provide fake table navigation, since most Mozilla tables don't support it themselves. It's very rare for something to use this keystroke, but it looks like Thunderbird responds to control+up/down, alt+up/down and control+alt+up/down here. I guess we'll need to disable the fake table nav support in this specific case.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jun 24, 2016

It looks like Thunderbird itself no longer supports these commands, so we're not overriding anything here.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants