Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Problem - could not load the festival synthesizer in NVDA_2012.3beta1 #2787

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 8, 2012 · 4 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by bsmpraveen on 2012-11-08 02:44
Hi friends

I download and install the NVDA_2012.3beta3.

After installing i can't load Festival speech synthesis system in synthesizer.

It tells the error like "could not load the festival synthesizer".

Please anyone can tell how can i put our own voice(tamil) in NVDA_2012.3beta3. and how can i load the Festival speech synthesis system in synthesizer..

Please help me friends. i m awaiting for ur solution..

Thanks & Regards
M.Praveen
Project Associate
IIT-Madras

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2012-11-08 03:10
Are you using the Festival add-on for NVDA 2012.2 or an older version? If you're not using the add-on, you should remove the old version and update to the add-on available on the ExtraVoices page.

If you are already using the add-on, please provide a log file as described in ReportingIssues#ProvidingLogFiles.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda.JPG added by bsmpraveen on 2012-11-08 05:26
Description:
2787: Problem - could not load the festival synthesizer in NVDA_2012.2.1

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by bsmpraveen on 2012-11-08 05:27
Hi jteh

I install festivalTts-2.0 add-on also. still i cant load Festival speech synthesizer.

First of all i donno where should i put our Voice(Festival-tamil) in NVDA folder.

in older versions we put our voices in NVDA-->Userconfig-->SynthDrivers-->Festival_voice.

But in newer version where should i put our voice.

Please Tell me briefly.

Thanks and Regards
M.Praveen
Project Associate
IIT-Madras
[and Settings\Admin\Desktop\New Folder\nvda)]([Image(C:\Documents)]

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2014-12-02 07:04
The add-on works with default configuration. If you've tried it with a clean configuration and it doesn't work, please provide a log file.

I'm not actually sure where you can put custom voices. You can try %appdata%\nvda\addons\festival\synthDrivers\festival\lib\voices.

We don't provide support for this add-on; it is provided "as is". Perhaps someone from the community might be able to help.
Changes:
Added labels: invalid
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant