Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

In ProcessExplorer from sysinternals, the process list cannot be read with NVDA #2806

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 18, 2012 · 8 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by PZajda on 2012-11-18 15:01
It is not possible to navigate between processes using ProcessExplorer because NVDA doesn't read the list of processes.

The list is usable in flat review, but not using the usual way to read a list.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-11-18 21:52
What version of NVDA did you test this with? Did it work with NVDA 2012.2.1?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by PZajda on 2012-11-19 13:23
For me it has never worked, since 2011.1 which is the first version of NVDA I really used.
And with the most recent snapshot it doesn't work too.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by briang1 on 2012-11-20 08:39
It is true this has never worked. There are other parts of sysinternals that also suffer the same way. I'm sure this was discussed some years ago and it was determined the text list was not accessible. It is indeed interesting that much of autoruns is accessible though the tabs at the top of the screen need to be used with flat review and mouse keys to get them to be usable. I think this suite bears all the hallmarks of being written by different techniques at different times and tweaked and modified with no attempt toward preserving access, as they all behave strangely to a greater or lesser extent on many screenreaders.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by briang1 (in reply to comment 3) on 2012-11-20 08:45
Replying to briang1:

It is true this has never worked. There are other parts of sysinternals that also suffer the same way. I'm sure this was discussed some years ago and it was determined the text list was not accessible. It is indeed interesting that much of autoruns is accessible though the tabs at the top of the screen need to be used with flat review and mouse keys to get them to be usable. I think this suite bears all the hallmarks of being written by different techniques at different times and tweaked and modified with no attempt toward preserving access, as they all behave strangely to a greater or lesser extent on many screenreaders.

Developer info for navigator object:
name: u''
role: ROLE_LIST
states: STATE_INVISIBLE, STATE_FOCUSABLE, STATE_FOCUSED
isFocusable: True
hasFocus: True
Python object: <NVDAObjects.IAccessible.sysListView32.List object at 0x03CCE8B0>
Python class mro: (<class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.sysListView32.List'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.List'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>, <class 'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class 'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>, <type 'object'>)
description: None
value: None
appModule: <'appModuleHandler' (appName u'procexp', process ID 2680) at address 3d40a50>
TextInfo: <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObjectTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 197912
windowClassName: u'SysListView32'
windowControlID: 102
windowStyle: 1082197573
windowThreadID: 2300
windowText: u''
displayText: ''
IAccessibleObject: <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x1aa318 at 1e40f80>
IAccessibleChildID: 0
IAccessible event parameters: windowHandle=197912, objectID=-4, childID=0
IAccessible accName: None
IAccessible accRole: ROLE_SYSTEM_LIST
IAccessible accState: STATE_SYSTEM_INVISIBLE, STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSED, STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSABLE, STATE_SYSTEM_VALID (1081348)
IAccessible accDescription: None
IAccessible accValue: None

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@Brian1Gaff Could you please test if this still occurs with the latest version of Process Explorer? As a side note, this might require the app specific label also. @ehollig

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

cc @PZajda: could you verify whether this is still the case?

@Nardol
Copy link
Contributor

Nardol commented Feb 1, 2019

@LeonarddeR I confirm this is still the case, i've just tested on Windows 7 and 10 with ProcessExplorer 16.22, published on December 11, 2018.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Still the case in processExplorer 17.05 on Windows 11.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

6 participants