Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Table Navigation Broken on iTunes pages in web browsers #2823

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 25, 2012 · 7 comments
Closed

Table Navigation Broken on iTunes pages in web browsers #2823

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 25, 2012 · 7 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by parham on 2012-11-25 09:42
Table navigation has been broken for a few changesets. It has partly been fixed in changeset:main-5614, but it still persists in some form, unfortunately.

To see an example, go to the following iTunes page: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/lead-with-your-heart/id568249701

Focus on the first table and try to read the headers using alt+ctrl+left/right. Instead of hearing "name", "artist", "time", and "price", you will hear the values in the row beneath the headers.
Blocking #3665

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-11-25 10:19
I assume you're using Firefox. I can't reproduce this as you describe. I just hear "edge of table" when trying to navigate those headers, which is still wrong.

This isn't a regression. I see the same issue in NVDA 2012.2.1.

This table is partially an ARIA grid. It looks like Firefox isn't handling it correctly, but I need to debug further. Apple are doing something really weird here.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by parham (in reply to comment 1) on 2012-11-25 11:27
Replying to jteh:

I assume you're using Firefox.

Yes. 17.0.

This isn't a regression. I see the same issue in NVDA 2012.2.1.

Ah. I thought this is a fixed issue that I have been having trouble for, in the last few days.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2013-11-27 06:33
Changes:
Changed title from "Table Navigation Broken" to "Table Navigation Broken on iTunes pages in web browsers"

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2013-11-27 06:47
The situation seems to be worse now. NVDA always just reports "not in a table cell".

Apple have done something really odd here. The table is a div with role="grid", but there's actually a table inside it with role="presentation". The header row is a tr with no role attribute, but it's inside a table marked with role="presentation", so I can understand why Firefox wouldn't assign a role of row. The data rows do have role="row". They really should have role="row" on the header row. I need to hack together some test cases to confirm if this is the source of the problem. If it is, this probably needs ot be fixed by Apple.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by jteh on 2013-11-27 06:52
Damn it. Forgot to refresh before commenting.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 17, 2017

Is this still an issue? I am not having problems with table navigation using the website provided in #2823 (comment). Maybe there was some change in the website? CC @jcsteh

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 17, 2017

Works for me now too.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants