Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA does not accurately identify the e-mail providers listed in Windows 8 mail configuration setup. #2826

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 26, 2012 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Harich on 2012-11-26 22:42
When I tried to configure my e-mail account using built-in mail client for Windows Eight, NVDA fails to accurately identify e-mail providers listed in the setup configuration option of it. While navigating up and down with the arrow keys to select the appropriate mail provider, e.g. aim, yahoo mail, etc., NVDA fails to read it correctly. It repeats the first mail provider in the list, which is Hotmail, as I navigated through the said list. Consequently, I could not tell as to which e-mail provider I am selecting.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by mdcurran on 2012-12-06 06:09
Please give exact steps to get to this list. If I open Mail, open charms with windows+c, go to settings, accounts, add account, I can arrow up and down that list and read the links fine.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by garrettk18 on 2013-10-22 00:39
I can confirm this in Windows 8.1 X64 with NVDA master-9657,0857d8c. Going to settings -> accounts -> add accounts reveals a list view where NVDA reads every item as the first item (hotmail/outlook.com).

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

This ticket looks a bit abandoned. ANyone with Windows 8.1 who is able to reproduce this and provide exact steps?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

We do not have any feedback from the initial author for a very long time. In Windows 10 with NVDA 2019.1.1 this is not occuring. So I am closing this for now. If you are still having this problem on Windows 8.1, please comment on it and we can reopen this discussion.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants