Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA fails to behave properly when opening MS DOC/DOCX password protected files in MS Word 2010. #2827

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 26, 2012 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Harich on 2012-11-26 22:56
I've MS DOC and DOCX files protected with passwords. When I open them in MS Word 2010, I encounter following issues.

1. After I hit enter on a password protected file to open it, the NVDA fails to speak the prompt to enter the password.
  2. I also hear NVDA startup audio feed, as if I had just restarted the NVDA.
    I've no idea if the above issue is also true for other versions of MS Word; I'm only using MS Word 2010.
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-11-27 01:05
Mostly a duplicate of #2716. However, I'm concerned about the NVDA restart, which suggests that NVDA is crashing for you, so leaving open for now.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by briang1 on 2012-11-27 15:14
I've never had any luck with password entry using nvda on older versions of word. Nothing seems to be spoken or indeed happen most of the time.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 21, 2017

When I open a password protected Word document, NVDA does read the prompt to enter the password. NVDA does not read the characters typed or read when I delete them, but that is a different issue stated by @michaelDCurran in #2716. As we are unable to contact the original poster in regards to the crash to debug the issue, closing as duplicate of #2716

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants