Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Focus and browse mode do not behave reliably. #2832

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 29, 2012 · 5 comments
Closed

Focus and browse mode do not behave reliably. #2832

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 29, 2012 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Harich on 2012-11-29 03:14
In many instances, the focus and browse mode do not behave reliably. That is, where you expect them to turn on and off as intended, they do not do so. For instance, if I landed in a edit field, using arrow key and had my character focus turned on, it would not happened in some cases. The same is true for other focus mode setting. This is more so apparent in Windows Eight.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2012-11-29 08:22
Actually, I've encountered this even in Windows xp and IE8. I think it has a lot to do with the way the page is built.
http://www.kingston-i.org.uk/kb5/kingston/kingstoni/home.page
Often I have to fiddle about to get focus mode to happen in ie8, and getting to the location field is a bit fiddly as well.
Sometimes when you come out of focus mode nvda says out of button for some reason.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2012-11-29 21:46
Please provide exact steps to reproduce the problem, including any settings you changed from NVDA defaults, the browser you are using, the URL you are visiting, the keys you are pressing, what you expected and what happened instead.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 20, 2017

Is this still the case @Brian1Gaff? The website that was provided does not exist anymore and I am unable to replicate the issue described here.

@Brian1Gaff
Copy link

Brian1Gaff commented Jul 20, 2017 via email

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 2, 2017

Thanks for the update. Closing as worksforme

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants