Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Add Windows PowerShell ISE support for NVDA #2836

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 29, 2012 · 6 comments
Closed

Add Windows PowerShell ISE support for NVDA #2836

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 29, 2012 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by oaron on 2012-11-29 20:49
In Windows 7, and Windows 8, the Windows PowerShell consol and editor are included. NVDA works properly with the consol application, but in the editor NVDA doesn't read back the typed characters.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by oaron on 2012-12-05 21:44
Changes:
Changed title from "NVDA doesn't work with Windows PowerShell ISE editor" to "Add Windows PowerShell ISE support for NVDA"

@JulienCochuyt
Copy link
Collaborator

Hi,

Any update on this one?

I've tried re-enabling events nameChange and stateChange just for the WpfTextView controls in PowerShell ISE (disabled as of f1b50b8 for #2759): The console is live again (new content announced) but still no review, no braille, no caret.
Almost everything else in the GUI is fine.
Only WpfTextView controls (console tab, scripts tabs) need to be fixed.
Focusing the Commands tab would benefit from a dedicated gesture.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

cc: @LeonarddeR

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

cc: @codeofdusk

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I think visual studio code with its powershell extension is a much better choice to do powerShell coding.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

the support for Windows 7 ended and Windows 8 support is also not really given for a very long time from now. I am closing this issue. Please open a new issue with the most recent version of Powershell ISE under Windows 10 or Windows 11 in case this is not accessible to NVDA in the meantime.

@Adriani90 Adriani90 closed this as not planned Won't fix, can't repro, duplicate, stale Oct 31, 2023
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

6 participants