Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Using Festival Synth, NVDA not continuing reading when nvda+down is pressed #2839

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 30, 2012 · 7 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by aliminator on 2012-11-30 08:18
This has been tested both in Notepad++ and Notepad.
When invoking the readAll command NVDA does not continue to read if there more than nine blank lines and text follows.
Example 1: Paste it into Notepad.text d is not read:
this is a small text.
text a
text b
text c

text d

Second example: Paste it into Notepad and read it again.Now it should work.
this is a small text.
text a
text b
text c

text d

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by ondrosik on 2012-11-30 08:24
I can not reproduce it in Notepad. NVDA reads also the text d after a ten blank lines. Which speech synthesyzer are you using? I am not sure if this is caused by synth, but maybe it is. Can you try eSpeak?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by briang1 on 2012-11-30 08:50
No amount of blank lines up to 18 at least seems to stop it on Sapi4 or 5, speech platform or svox pico either here.
There has to be something else going on I think.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by aliminator on 2012-11-30 09:25
Sorry, ten blank lines are required.
Festival synth was used.
But true, using nvda with Espeak does not produce the effect mentioned.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by briang1 on 2012-11-30 10:08
Maybe its the driver then, which is quitting it. Maybe there is or needs to be an update to this file.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by briang1 on 2012-11-30 10:14
Changes:
Changed title from "NVDA not continuing reading when nvda+down is pressed" to "Using Festival Synth, NVDA not continuing reading when nvda+down is pressed"

@bhavyashah
Copy link

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festival_Speech_Synthesis_System, the last stable release of the Festival speech synthesizer was in December 2014. Evidently, as previous comments seem to suggest, this issue is specific to Festival, whose development seems inactive. Unless we can get active Festival devs to cooperatively investigate the reported issue, I would like to kindly suggest closing this ticket. @ehollig

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 3, 2017

this indeed sounds to be specific to Festival and needs an external fix.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants