Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA loses focus and position in editable field and forms. #2841

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 30, 2012 · 4 comments
Closed

NVDA loses focus and position in editable field and forms. #2841

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 30, 2012 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Harich on 2012-11-30 22:46
When filling out web forms or other similar editable field, e.g. entering user name and password, the NVDA loses its position from the focus of the selected field where it should not be doing so. For instance, I entered the user name and password in the logging page of my web mail site, but, when I tabbed to click on login/submit button, the NVDA cursor took me to the top of the page. I then literally had to navigate back to the location I was at before.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-11-30 22:49
Please provide exact steps to reproduce, including the browser you're using, the URL of the page, what NVDA said when you pressed tab, etc.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by Harich (in reply to comment 1) on 2012-12-01 02:21
Replying to jteh:

Please provide exact steps to reproduce, including the browser you're using, the URL of the page, what NVDA said when you pressed tab, etc.

The URL is http://amerigroup.prismisp.com/ and if you go to a third combo box navigating from top to downward, the NVDA would not even open and read the combo box (it's named as "Select a Product). However, this is not the only web page where NVDA behave as mentioned. The said site is an excellent example, for it has few things where NVDA does not function as expected.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 25, 2017

I do not have an issue filling out the form provided in #2841 (comment). NVDA position does not get lost.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Sep 11, 2017

Closing as worksforme, as reported in #2841 (comment). Also, the third combo box on the page reports as, "Select a Product combo box collapsed unavailable". This is because it depends on information to be selected in the previous combo boxes before it is active.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants