Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Unable to access/interact with combo boxes in certain web sites. #2842

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 30, 2012 · 4 comments
Closed

Unable to access/interact with combo boxes in certain web sites. #2842

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 30, 2012 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Harich on 2012-11-30 23:10
Few web sites I've visited seems to give trouble when using NVDA. These web sites have combo boxes and edit fields that I am unable to access/interact with using NVDA. To test my issue, please visit http://amerigroup.prismisp.com/ and you'll find what I meant. The said web site is for searching doctors in United States. First, NVDA would not read the content of the combo boxes even though the focus mode is on. Second, you would lose focus as soon as you tab to a next combo/edit field. Finally, there is a third combo box (if starting from the top of the page) entitled "Select a Product", you cannot even open it despite having focus mode turned on. Please note that I'm using Internet Explorer ten.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by Harich on 2012-12-02 04:38
I've just tested http://amerigroup.prismisp.com/ as previously noted - where a combobox named "Select a Product" did not interact with NVDA and found the following. In Windows Eight, we've two IE ten flavors, one so-known as metro style and the other is the desktop one. The metro style IE ten has "Enhanced Protected Mode" enabled by default (and I don't know if you could change that). The desktop one does not -- and the NVDA did not have any issue in interacting with the combobox in question. To be sure, I turned on the "Enhanced Protected Mode" in desktop version of IE ten and found the same trouble as with metro style version of IE ten. It thus seems that this "Enhanced Protected Mode" is an issue and, I hope that future updates for NVDA will make it workable with having "Enhanced Protected Mode" turned on.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by briang1 on 2012-12-02 14:54
Seems to me that its not nvda then, but this enhanced protected mode. Maybe its just for browsing and stops the user interacting with things. So the real issue is how can you turn it off on the Metro app.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by Harich (in reply to comment 2) on 2012-12-02 17:41
Replying to briang1:

Seems to me that its not nvda then, but this enhanced protected mode. Maybe its just for browsing and stops the user interacting with things. So the real issue is how can you turn it off on the Metro app.

I think you're right. For I'd a sighted person to work with it without having NVDA running and she noted the same issue. However, few things still to be looked at. E.g., when you turn focus mode on the first combo box and down arrow to select the option listed, NVDA would not display it. Then when you tab to get to next form field, it skips one editable field and two combo boxes and focuses on a checkbox. I think the best way to understand it to visit the site at http://amerigroup.prismisp.com/ and to test it out yourself.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 2, 2017

It seems to me, filling out this form using IE 11 and Windows 10 seems to work as expected.
The values I used were, "Nevada" and "Las Vegas, NV". I was able to change the value of the "Product" combo box and all other combo boxes on the page. If this is still the case on Windows 8, this can be reopened, but for now Closing.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants