Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Problematic behavior by NVDA when changing password for Microsoft account in Windows Eight. #2863

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 11, 2012 · 4 comments
Labels

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Harich on 2012-12-11 17:31
If you go to "Change PC Settings" followed by "User" option in Windows Eight, there's an option to "change your password" for Microsoft account (assuming you've configured online log on in Windows Eight). Clicking on to "change your password" presents the option to enter the old (ie. existing) password followed by entering new password. These are of course protected field; however, NVDA speaks the password you're typing. NVDA also loses focus mode.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Anyone on Windows 8 who can try to reproduce this?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@hariCh is this still reproducible?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Testing on Windows 10 1809 Update with NVDA 2018.4 Beta 2. I cannot reproduce it.
Can someone test this on Windows 8.1? I think there was a fix related to this in NVDA 2018.1 or 2018.2

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Ok we do not have any further updates from users since years, I am closing this one for now. Please comment on it if you are able to reproduce it with NVDA 2019.1.1 on Windows 8.1. Then we can reopen the discussion. Thanks.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants