Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA fails to read correct page numbers in the pages option (thumbnail images) in Adobe Reader 8 #2866

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 12, 2012 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by bramhini on 2012-12-12 10:14
while using NVDA to read documents in the Adobe Reader 8, it fails to recognize the proper page numbers. sometimes it reads 4 as 3 and 5 as 2.and it fails to read the last page number of the last thumbnail always.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-12-12 11:27
Please provide a sample document and exact steps to reproduce, including what you expected and what happened instead.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment Capture.PNG added by bramhini on 2012-12-12 15:12
Description:
The screenshot of the pdf file opened in Adobe Reader 8

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by bramhini on 2012-12-12 15:18
I use windows 7 ultimate OS, Adobe Reader 8.

I have attached the screen shot of Adobe Reader.

When I opened a pdf file(9 pages long) in Adobe Reader .NVDA doesn't properly read the page numbers in the section marked Red in the screenshot.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2012-12-12 21:23
You still haven't provided exact steps to reproduce. How are you reading the document? Are you using the keyboard (as most blind users would) or are you using the mouse (which it sounds like you might be doing from another ticket)? Also, the two lead developers (and probably all other active contributors) are totally blind and therefore unable to see screen shots. Please provide the information in another form.

It's also worth noting that Adobe Reader 8 is now three versions behind. Among other things, it's not possible for screen readers to access page labels until Adobe Reader 11, only consecutive page numbers counting from the first.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by bramhini on 2012-12-15 11:33
okay, I take it for adobe reader 8 being obsolete.I will try with the latest version and come back if needed any help.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 4, 2017

Closing because of reasons mentioned in https://github.com/nvaccessAuto

1. Exact steps to reproduce have not been provided.
  2. Adobe Reader 8 is now 4 versions behind the latest version (Adobe Reader DC).

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants