Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

When braille display is tethered to focus current position is not refreshed properly #2874

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 18, 2012 · 15 comments
Labels
bug close/worksforme component/braille p3 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by aliminator on 2012-12-18 14:04
Consider following text in Wordpad:
hello
world

Navigate to "worl" (braile should be tethered to focus). Cursor is blinking at "w". Press enter. Press up arrow.
A blank line should be displayed; but the word "world" is still visible on the display.

I tried this in a multi-line textfield in IE and it worked as expected.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by mdcurran on 2012-12-18 23:43
Technical: NVDA is not told by MSAA that the caret moves in this particular situation.
Options:

• Tell braille the caret moved in Edit's event_valueChange or event_textChange. Though we may wish to again consider coalescing braille updates in to one write at the end of the current core pump.
  • Bind a script to kb:enter which updates braille.

Opinion Jamie?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by mdcurran on 2012-12-18 23:43
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to near-term

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added this to the near-term milestone Nov 10, 2015
@jcsteh jcsteh removed this from the near-term milestone Jun 24, 2016
@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added the p3 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority label Jul 5, 2016
@jcsteh jcsteh removed their assignment Sep 5, 2017
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Adriani90 commented Nov 25, 2018

@aliminator is this still reproducible?
@michaelDCurran is there a PR related to this? I see this was marked as milestone at a certain point in the past.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

cc: @ruifontes, @dkager could you please test if this is still reproducible? I tend to think that it is but I don't have a braille display at hand to test.

@dkager
Copy link
Collaborator

dkager commented May 12, 2019

I can't reproduce this using NVDA 2019.1.1 and WordPad in Windows 10. That is only one scenario, though, maybe it still does not work in Windows 7 or in other editors.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Can we get further results from @k-kolev1985, @lukaszgo1, @hozosch, @david-acm, @BueVest, @gregjozk, @Sylvie42, @zstanecic, @jmdaweb, @ivnc, and possibly others?
Specisifically, we needs tests under Windows 8.1, Windows 7 and several editors like notepad, MS Word, wordpad etc.

@hozosch
Copy link

hozosch commented Aug 8, 2019

I can't reproduce this with windows 7 professional 64 bit and NVDA 2019.1.1.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@hozosch in which Editors did you test?

@hozosch
Copy link

So far only wordpad. After all, that's in which the issue occurred. I didn't test snapshot versions though.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I wonder if this issue could be specific to a certain Braille Display? Unfortunately the initial author did not tell us which Braille Display has been used. So if we do not get answers from referenced People above, I tend to Close this one as works for me.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

cc: @FelixGruetzmacher, @MarcoZehe maybe you have further results for us with different Braille Displays?

@hozosch
Copy link

@Adriani90 I agree to your first comment. With my Handy Tech active star 16016, it works anyway.

@Sylvie42
Copy link

Sylvie42 commented Aug 8, 2019

I tested only with windows 10, NOtepad++ and wordpad with NVDA 2019.1.1 and a varioULtra display and I could not reproduce the issue.

@MarcoZehe
Copy link
Contributor

No problem here with a Handy Tech Actilini and a Focus 40 Blue 5th Generation on two machines in NotePad++, Word, WordPad, NotePad, Firefox in a multiline edit field etc.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Closing as works for me.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
bug close/worksforme component/braille p3 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

7 participants