Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Navigate by sentence during say all #2880

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 21, 2012 · 3 comments
Closed

Navigate by sentence during say all #2880

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 21, 2012 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by amenaide on 2012-12-21 13:52
I would like to be able to skip back and forth between sentences, paragraphs etc during read all. This would be helpful when reading long texts quickly where not all information is important to the reader.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by bhirmanpour on 2013-02-16 18:34
This feature has been requested many times but put to low priority.

As a blind user, I think this is an essential feature. In fact this is the only reason I keep using Jaws for Windows.

This feature is essential for blind users who need to skim through a lot of documents on a daily basis. It should be regarded as an essential productivy feature.

I would be willing to compensate a developer for implementing this feature in NVDA together with the ability to modify reading speed during a say all.

If you are a developer and are willing to spend some time on these features, please contact me.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

If I am following this ticket correctly, the 'Allow skim reading during say all' option in the Keyboard Settings dialog does exactly this. It allows for standard navigation during a say all and adjusting the flow of the say all accordingly. When it comes to sentence navigation, this has been discussed elsewhere. bhirmanpour's request to set a dedicated speech rate for say alls may depend on the speech refactor that is being worked on for NVDA, and ideally, should be covered by a separate ticket. All in all, a portion of this ticket is already achievable, a portion is blocked by another ticket's implementation, and a portion duplicates another ticket. Thus, I suggest closing (and providing the numbers for related tickets for reference purposes). @ehollig

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 15, 2017

The Allow skim reading during say all' option will allow you to move up and down by paragraphs during say all. I just tested this functionality on this page after indicating a say all.
Dedicated speech rate for say all can be achieved using profiles.
For sentence movement in browse mode, this is #5463.
For other applications or supporting the moving by sentence natively by NVDA, this is covered in #1873.
Closing

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Aug 15, 2017
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants