Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA stops working in windows store #2881

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 21, 2012 · 4 comments
Closed

NVDA stops working in windows store #2881

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 21, 2012 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by gopalrohra on 2012-12-21 15:04
NVDA stops working when in windows store, mail app, calendar app. It only speaks "Store invisible" or "Unknown invisible", similarly in mail app it speaks "Mail invisible" or "Unknown invisible". However it works fine in some other metro apps like youtube etc.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2012-12-26 02:59
These work fine for us and other users. I assume you've tried tabbing around, pressing the arrow keys, etc.?

Did you install NVDA or are you using a portable copy?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by gopalrohra (in reply to comment 1) on 2012-12-26 05:35
Replying to jteh:

These work fine for us and other users. I assume you've tried tabbing around, pressing the arrow keys, etc.?

As soon as I open store, mail etc and press NVDA+tab, it speaks store invisible or unknown invisible. If I press arrow keys I can see icons changing on the screen but NVDA doesn't speaks anything. When it speaks unknown visible and if I try to navigate using object navigation it can't recognizes the object hierarchy means there is no parent of store, mail app etc.

Did you install NVDA or are you using a portable copy?

I installed NVDA.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 25, 2017

As reported in #2881 (comment), this works as expected for other users. The original poster does not indicate which version of NVDA is being used, or the version of Windows. Due to the age of this ticket, I assume it is Windows 8. Any ideas @josephsl or @bhavyashah

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Sep 11, 2017

As we are unable to contact the original poster, as far as I am aware, and @jcsteh reports in #2881 (comment) that this works fine for him and other users, closing as worksforme

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants