Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Appmodule for teamtalk4classic allowing to obtain some controls's label #2884

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 21, 2012 · 10 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ateu on 2012-12-21 18:44
This appmodule provides information such as input volume, output volume and microphone activation level.
Blocking #4076

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

nvaccessAuto commented Dec 21, 2012

Attachment teamtalk4classic.py added by ateu on 2012-12-21 18:45
Description:
Update:
File added from Trac

teamtalk4classic.py.txt

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by ateu on 2012-12-23 14:07
Is it possible to add translation for the messages contained in this appmodule?
If so, this is the only one way to fix the problem where the controls's label is not provided, as the message added by the appmodule is provided in english.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh (in reply to comment 1) on 2012-12-26 03:49
Replying to ateu:

Is it possible to add translation for the messages contained in this appmodule?

Any string literal enclosed in _() is marked as translatable and will be translated by translators. There should only be one translatable string per line and you should precede any translatable string with a translators comment describing what it is for. For example:

# Translators: The label of a control in Team Talk 4 Classic.
label = _("blah")

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by ateu on 2012-12-26 20:37
So I really think it's a good idea, as beginner users don't know what means this controls and they may accidentally increase excessively the volume, which is too unwanted.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

nvaccessAuto commented Jan 13, 2013

Attachment TeamTalk Classic.zip added by ateu on 2013-01-13 19:33
Description:
Update:
File added from Trac
TeamTalk Classic.zip

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by ateu on 2013-01-13 19:34
Take a look at this code.
It provides support for more controls and the teamtalk toolbar.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2013-05-29 08:04
Thanks for the code. It needs to be cleaned up a little and made translatable. I haven't reviewed it in depth, but the second module should probably be merged into the main app module. Alternatively, it could be made a package, but I don't see the need for it to be in a separate module. Also, I'm not entirely sure why the labelling code needs to be separated out like it is, though the reason might become apparent when one reads the code in full.

Anyway, start by merging the two modules (unless there's a good reason not to) and making messages translatable, including translator comments.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

nvaccessAuto commented Apr 16, 2014

Attachment nvda.log added by msuchy on 2014-04-16 09:19
Description:
Update:
File added from Trac
nvda.log.txt

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by msuchy on 2014-04-16 09:25
I tried this plugin for Teamtalk 4 Classic, but they are some erors. I attached Nvda.log. Thanks, Michal.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 10, 2017

I believe this ticket an be closed, as TeamTalk 5 has superseded TeamTalk 4. Feel free to reopen if I am in error.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants