Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

I am noticing when closing with Alt Plus f4 out of folders that a lot of times NVDA loses focus and sometimes does not continue reading the list box of folders. This procedure seems to happen on a regular basis. Here are the steps. #2893

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 23, 2012 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by electronicman on 2012-12-23 17:00
Please refer to description above. Steps follow:

1. Open a fo,lder. Doesn't matter what but be sure it has subfolders.
  2. Open up a sub folder.
  3. Do an Alt plus f4 on the subfolder.
  4. You will find that sometimes NVDA does read the list and sometimes it refuses to read the list view.
  5. I am using Windows 8 with a Toshibe laptop.
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by electronicman (in reply to comment description) on 2012-12-28 20:25
Replying to electronicman:
I have noticed a slight change with the newest NVDA it does now read the folder your in a good start. Still having problems with NVDA gaining focus though when in subfolders or subdirectories. You have to shut down NVDA with Control Plus Alt Plus N. Then NVDA gains focus for a time or two and then you have to repeat the shut down.

Please refer to description above. Steps follow:

1. Open a fo,lder. Doesn't matter what but be sure it has subfolders.
  2. Open up a sub folder.
  3. Do an Alt plus f4 on the subfolder.
  4. You will find that sometimes NVDA does read the list and sometimes it refuses to read the list view.
  5. I am using Windows 8 with a Toshibe laptop.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 2, 2017

Can anyone reproduce using Windows 8.1? CC @bhavyashah

@bhavyashah
Copy link

The STR provided by the original reporter is slightly unclear to me. Still, following the below steps worked as expected:

• Open a folder (which contains a subfolder) in Windows Explorer.
  • Press the Applications key on any subfolder present in that folder and press 'e' to open it in a new window.
  • Note: Although reporting the appearance of the folder in a new window does take NVDA several seconds, I suppose that is inevitable.
  • Press Alt+F4 to close this window so as to revert back to the original parent folder in the previous window.
    NVDA does accurately announce the window title followed by the subfolder name, as is desired.
    In case we have different test results with my interpretation of the reporter's STR, or different interpretations of the original STR itself, or any means to contact electronicman himself, we should reconsider this ticket. If not, I would suggest closing. @ehollig

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 3, 2017

Closing for a couple reasons:

1. Ticket is 5 years old. A lot of NVDA updates have occurred since then.
  2. the steps to reproduce is a little unclear. However, performing the steps in I am noticing when closing with Alt Plus f4 out of folders that a lot of times NVDA loses focus and sometimes does not continue reading the list box of folders. This procedure seems to happen on a regular basis. Here are the steps. #2893 (comment), NVDA does accurately announce the window title followed by the subfolder name.

If this problem still exists, we can reopen this ticket or a new ticket can be created with clear steps to reproduce the issue.

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Aug 3, 2017
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants