Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA doesn't read tabs in powerpoint #2912

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 5, 2013 · 7 comments
Closed

NVDA doesn't read tabs in powerpoint #2912

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 5, 2013 · 7 comments
Labels

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ashleycox on 2013-01-05 11:51
When entering text into a placeholder in a powerpoint presentation, NVDA doesn't appear to recognise tab characters.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by mdcurran on 2013-01-07 02:09
What version of PowerPoint is this? Please provide exact steps to reproduce.
For example, with Powerpoint 2010 and NVDA, if I tab to a shape and press enter to edit, and then type something including tab characters, I can hear the tab characters announced if I read the text again.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by ondrosik on 2013-01-07 13:44
Try to set the punctuation level to all. In powerpoint 2003 when set to none, Espeak is quiet, when set to all, it sais "tab". This is only in powerpoint, in other application, you can hear the tab symbol when rewieving by left and right arrow keys.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

CC @michaelDCurran @Qchristensen

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@ashleycox can you still reproduce this with punctuation set to all?

@ashleycox
Copy link

No-longer have an office installation to test, sorry.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Testing with Power Point 2016 and Power Point 365, tabs are reported correctly.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Nov 25, 2018

In #2912 (comment) @michaelDCurran says this works in Office 2010. In #2912 (comment) @Adriani90 says this works in Powerpoint 2016 and 365. In #2912 (comment) it is referring to Powerpoint 2003. As Powerpoint 2003 is 15 years old and there are newer versions available, I am going to close this issue.

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Nov 25, 2018
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants