Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Nvda doesn't work with flash player installer. #2917

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 8, 2013 · 5 comments
Closed

Nvda doesn't work with flash player installer. #2917

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 8, 2013 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by meerkat on 2013-01-08 03:52
Nvda doesn't work with the flash player installer in windows xp. The installer is found at

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

The installer when launched just says flash player installer and nothing else, while on windows 7 it pops up with the lisence aggrement. You can find the flash player installer under the problem marked Progress bar hangs during download.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by meerkat (in reply to comment description) on 2013-01-08 03:55
I forgot to write in that this problem occurs when installing the plugin for firefox and other browsers. I don't know if the same problem occurs for internet explorer.

Replying to meerkat:

Nvda doesn't work with the flash player installer in windows xp. The installer is found at

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

The installer when launched just says flash player installer and nothing else, while on windows 7 it pops up with the lisence aggrement. You can find the flash player installer under the problem marked Progress bar hangs during download.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by briang1 on 2013-01-08 07:44
Well there is an issue on XP like this but I understood that Windows 7 will read the prompts, It seems to me in much the same way as Digital Editions does the installers only use UIA and not msaa to tell screenreaders what is going on, however up to now here is what I do in xp.
Load the installer.
Hit tab once
Hit space once
Hit tab twice
Hit space once
wait for the thing to install, then hit space again and this should return you to where you started.
Note that if you do the last space too fast nothing happens as far as I can see.
As for hanging I have not seen that. I also find that for full release versions of Flash, the filehippo downloader works better than their own, however switch on the ad blocker before going there.

There could be a ticket for this from some time back.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

According to #2917 (comment), @Brian1Gaff seems to think that this issue may be specific to Windows XP. Also, with the demise of Flash, it investigating Flash specific bug reports may no longer be worthwhile. Thus, I suggest closing.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 15, 2017

This sounds like a duplicate of #2179. Regardless, this will NeedExternalFix from Adobe. Closing as duplicate

@Brian1Gaff
Copy link

Brian1Gaff commented Aug 15, 2017 via email

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants