Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Outlook 2007: Calendar Should Provide Summary of X appointments on Specified Date #2942

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 24, 2013 · 9 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by kevinchao89 on 2013-01-24 16:06
Win7, and NVDA 2012.3.1

Open Outlook 2007;
CTRL+2 for Calendar;
Actual: NVDA reads current focused date/time
Expected: in addition to what is currently read, provide x appointments summary
RIGHT/LEFT ARROW to NEXT/PREV dates
Actual: NVDA reads current focused date/time
Expected: in addition to what is currently read, provide x appointments summary

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

This sounds like a general request to give more information in Outlook calendar view.

@derekriemer
Copy link
Collaborator

can someone test this and see if outlook now does this? I think it might. cc @josephsl

@josephsl
Copy link
Collaborator

josephsl commented Jul 11, 2017 via email

@PratikP1
Copy link

I can verify this in Outlook 2016 (version 16.0.8201.2102). I can also verify in Outlook 2013. Quickly tested on a colleague's laptop. All relevant updates are installed.

@josephsl
Copy link
Collaborator

josephsl commented Jul 11, 2017 via email

@fernando-jose-silva
Copy link

Sometimes the nvda reads the appointments when walking with the arrows, the right and the left however for many times it fails and to see the appointments it is necessary to press tabe.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I think this could have negative effects on performance of NVDA while navigating through the calendar. NVDA is quite slugish when the calendar is quite full. Try to implement the holydays addin in ms outlook and you will see what I mean. I would rather recommend to change the view to active or list. You will then see all your appointments in a list. The appointments are sorted chronologically. In active view, the first apointment is the nex outstanding. In the list view, the first appointment is the very first which you have created or where you have been invited in ms outlook. it could be five years ago. You can sort your appointments by date, type and so on.

@fernando-jose-silva
Copy link

Respectfully I would like to disagree, other screen readers report the appointments with the right and left arrows on the calendar and there is no slowness.
I did tests in outlook 2016 and managed to get nvda to inform the appointments correctly, and with agility.
This makes my previous comment no longer valid.
I have not tested on other outlook and windows verifications.

@feerrenrut
Copy link
Contributor

It seems like this issue can be closed.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

9 participants