Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA updater and password protected proxies #2950

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 26, 2013 · 7 comments
Closed

NVDA updater and password protected proxies #2950

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 26, 2013 · 7 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by quetzatl on 2013-01-26 17:32
NVDA should use the proxy settings configured in the OS to download updates from networks that use these proxies

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2013-01-26 21:22
It already does to some extent. Please specify your exact proxy configuration (masking server names if necessary) so we can reproduce your problem.
Changes:
Changed title from "NVDA Installer and proxies" to "NVDA updater and proxies"

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by quetzatl (in reply to comment 1) on 2013-01-28 08:44
Hi: In the company where I work, we have a proxy with username and password. NVDA expects this username and password and, because it is unable to obtain such data from my computer configuration, I get an error.

There is the end of my log file:

Performing automatic update check
WARNING - stdout (09:32:53):
Enter username for Squid proxy-caching web server at ciberpxy.once.org:3128:
WARNING - stdout (09:39:32):
Enter username for Squid proxy-caching web server at ciberpxy.once.org:3128:

I think that NVDA should be able to take the username and password, or, instead, should be able to ask these details.

Replying to jteh:

It already does to some extent. Please specify your exact proxy configuration (masking server names if necessary) so we can reproduce your problem.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2013-01-29 01:27
Changes:
Changed title from "NVDA updater and proxies" to "NVDA updater and password protected proxies"

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2015-01-19 02:44
Please provide details of the proxy configuration on your system. There are no fields for username and password in the system proxy settings, so I'm wondering how these are being saved.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Aug 10, 2017

No response to last question and can't contact reporter. Closing.

@ivnc
Copy link
Contributor

ivnc commented Feb 5, 2019

Hello.

It seems that, in ONCE's case, username and password are stored in Credentials Manager (Windows's Control Panel). I don't have access to this proxy, but contact with the original reporter.
I propose to reopen this issue, as it could be preventing users in corporative environments from using NVDA.

Regards.

@ivnc
Copy link
Contributor

ivnc commented Mar 12, 2020

With the introduction of NVDA 2019.3, it is possible to connect to this kind of proxies by adding the "HTTP_PROXY" and "HTTPS_PROXY" environment variables to the windows user profile, containing the full Proxy address (e.g. http://me:mypassword@miproxy.micompany.com:3128). this has been tested with ciberpxy.once.org with good results.

Regards.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants