Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

re-assigning the navigatorObject_moveFocus script to nvda+numpadplus for one-hand handling of the navigator #2965

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 4, 2013 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by dave090679 on 2013-02-04 17:23
hi guys,
I tink the navigator would be more consitent if it could be handled with only one hand.
To do so, the hnavigatorObject_moveFocus script should be assigned sto nvda+numpadplus instead of nvda+shift+numpadminus.

In the attached gestures.ini I re-assgned the nvda+numpadplus key combination to navigatorObject_moveFocus and I deleted the assignment of nvda+shift+numpadminus.

happy testing.

Dave

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment gestures.ini added by dave090679 on 2013-02-04 17:25
Description:
gestures.ini with re-assigned nvda+shift+numpadminus and nvda+numpadplus keys (tested with r5821 in windows xp

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by marrie on 2013-06-04 06:30
Can you maybe take a look at doing this for laptop lay out as well in case a 1 handed user does not use a desktop keyboard? Just a suggestion. I cannot code, so don't know if that would be possible.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 9, 2017

Was this issue posted prior to the change in the keyboard layout? From the what's new, it looks like the changes in the keyboard commands took place in 2013.1. NVDA+Shift+NumPadPlus does not currently do anything. Personally, I think the commands are fine how they are, and if someone would like to change them for one reason or another, they can change it in the input gestures dialog. Thoughts? CC @feerrenrut @jcsteh

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Aug 10, 2017

Although I accept that the current keystroke cannot be executed with one hand, I think the risk of breaking backwards compatibility for existing users outweighs the gain here. Note that this can now be easily reassigned using the Input Gestures dialog, which did not exist at the time this issue was filed. Closing as won't fix.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants