Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA does not honour time and date format when the time or date is announced #2987

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 12, 2013 · 8 comments
Labels
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by erion on 2013-02-12 19:48
While using the SayTime and SayDate functions, NVDA does not honour the time and date format setting. The time and date announcement is non-unicode locale dependent.
For example, when changing the time format (both short and long) to one of the 24 hour settings using the UK or US system locale, NVDA announces it still in the 12 hour format when pressing nvda+f12.

Tested this under Windows 8 Pro, but it might exist under older systems as well.
Blocking #4753, #4783

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by dallasobrien on 2014-12-02 13:44
hi. i've just had this start to happen to me as well, after reinstalling windows 8.0 / 8.1 on this computer. a friend of mine had this happen some time ago, but until now, i could not reproduce the effect. after reinstalling windows, and installing NVDA, i found the same thing. having set my time displays to 24 hour format, pressing NVDA + F12, reports 12 hour time. where as narrator reports 24 hour time correctly. i don't find this a miner problem, i find this very anoying, as i always use 24 hour formats, and now i can't see that format properly. has anybody come up with a work around to get NVDA to report this properly? it's a little odd, for as i said, before i reinstalled windows, it was not doing this, it was reporting 24 hour format perfectly. same version of nvda and all. so not sure why it's doing it now. hope somebody has some advice as to how to work around this until a fix is created.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2015-01-08 09:51
I can't reproduce this here. If I change the short time format to 24 hour (which is what NVDA uses), NVDA+f12 reports as expected. I assume you are changing this in Control Panel -> Region?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by James Teh <jamie@... on 2015-01-12 23:01
In [3556fa7]:

Hopefully fix the problem where NVDA's Report date/time command did not honour the regional settings specified by the user.

The value for the LOCALE_USER_DEFAULT constant was incorrect. Instead, we were using the system locale.
Re #2987, #4753, #4783.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by James Teh <jamie@... on 2015-01-12 23:01
In [b15c51e]:

Merge branch 't2987' into next

Incubates #2987.

Changes:
Added labels: incubating

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2015-01-12 23:05
Please try the 13 January "next" snapshot when it becomes available. I'm not certain whether this change will fix the issue, but I'm hopeful.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by dallasobrien on 2015-01-13 09:37
yes! perfect work. it's reporting in 24 hour format now. thanks for this!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by James Teh <jamie@... on 2015-01-27 03:28
In [992d57d]:

fixed a problem where NVDA's Report date/time command did not honor the regional settings specified by the user in some cases.

The value for the LOCALE_USER_DEFAULT constant was incorrect. Instead, we were using the system locale.
Fixes #2987, #4753, #4783.

Changes:
Removed labels: incubating
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by jteh on 2015-01-27 03:57
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2015.1

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added this to the 2015.1 milestone Nov 10, 2015
jcsteh added a commit that referenced this issue Nov 23, 2015
…he regional settings specified by the user in some cases.

Fixes #2987, #4753, #4783.
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant