Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA does not report misspelled words in AkelPad #2991

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 13, 2013 · 6 comments
Closed

NVDA does not report misspelled words in AkelPad #2991

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 13, 2013 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by k_kolev1985 on 2013-02-13 12:48
AkelPad has a spell checker, witch relies on the Aspell core. I've read the documentation for the spell check plugin for AkelPad, and by following its instructions, I've managed to install Aspell and a bulgarian dictionary (not official - made by a friend of mine). But I've noticed, that even though after executing the command for background spell check ("spell check as you type") and the misspelled words are underlined, NVDA does not report those words as misspelled. Can something be done (either on NVDA or on AkelPad's side, so NVDA can report the misspelled words in AkelPad?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2013-02-13 12:54
There would need to be support in !AkelPad for programmatically querying for this information from an external application. Given that it's a plugin, I very much doubt this is supported. Maybe querying for underline might be possible and this might help, but I doubt it.

Peter, any ideas?

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 11, 2017

@k_kolev1985 do you know if this is still the case with this plugin? As stated in #2991 (comment), it is possible that this is not possible to do.

@k-kolev1985
Copy link

I doubt that the situation has changed, but I can't confirm it, since I've stopped using AkelPad and I'm using Notepad++ at the moment with its DSpellCheck plugin. But even there the situation is the same, unfortunately. But never mind Notepad++ and its spellchecking - it is a topic for another discussion.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I suggest closing this issue and reopen it when someone need a solution. @k-kolev1985 as I understand you don't use AkelPad anymore. Right?

@k-kolev1985
Copy link

@Adriani90 Yes, I no longer use AkelPad.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

@Adriani90: Sounds like a great suggestion.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants