Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Copy log from temperary copy to nvda-temp.log #3014

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 22, 2013 · 5 comments
Closed

Copy log from temperary copy to nvda-temp.log #3014

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 22, 2013 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by elliott94 on 2013-02-22 01:14
To make it easier to debug potential problems that appear during installation, it would help if the log generated from the temperary copy of NVDA is copied to %temp%\nvda-temp.log in the user's profile directory. This would eliminate the problem of the log getting overwritten when the temperary copy closes and the installed version starts.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2013-02-22 02:13
It should already be renamed to nvda-old.log when the new copy starts. Is this not happening for you?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by briang1 on 2013-02-22 07:21
I wonder, if in effect he is asking for a third copy, ie second time of copy to another place or another rename? I know sometimes when the installer was being developed it was handy to look at the original log, the log of the installer and the current log. However its a pretty rare issue.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by elliott94 (in reply to comment 1) on 2013-02-22 07:31
Replying to jteh:

It should already be renamed to nvda-old.log when the new copy starts. Is this not happening for you?

It is, but I've seen several instances where it would be useful to see the installer log (e.g. add-ons that cause errors during installation).

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh (in reply to comment 3) on 2013-02-24 03:23
Replying to elliott94:

It should already be renamed to nvda-old.log when the new copy starts.

It is, but I've seen several instances where it would be useful to see the installer log (e.g. add-ons that cause errors during installation).

nvda-old.log should be the installer log as soon as the new copy starts.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by elliott94 on 2015-07-13 07:29
Closing as invalid.
Changes:
Added labels: invalid
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant