Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Outlook 2010-complete message body of a recieved message is not read automatically, when message opens in a separate window. #3020

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 22, 2013 · 10 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by sumandogra on 2013-02-22 14:54
Outlook 2010
NVDA does not read the complete message body automatically when the received message opens in a separate window. It just reads the first two or three lines and does not read to the end of the message body automatically.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Open a message in Outlook 2010 with ENTER.
  2. Message opens in a new separate window.
  3. NVDA automatically starts reading the message.
  4. But, on reaching the message body, it just reads the first two or three lines and does not read to the end of the message body automatically.
@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

@sumandogra: Can you still reproduce this? If so:

1. Is the message being read inside or outside browse mode?
  2. If the former, do you have automatic say all on page load enabled in your browse mode settings?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@LeonarddeR I can reproduce this issue in MS Outlook 2016 with NVDA 2018.4 Beta II and Windows 10 1809 Update.
Even if automatic say all when page loads is enabled, NVDA reads only the first three lines or so after pressing enter on an e-mail in outlook.
This issue occurs in focus mode and in browse mode.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Update with NVDA alpha-20097,6a573cd9, in Outlook 365 only the first line is read automatically when opening a mail message.

@Dennisl123
Copy link

It should be configerable if NVDA automatically reads the body of the email or not.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Adriani90 commented May 13, 2020 via email

@Dennisl123
Copy link

Dennisl123 commented May 13, 2020 via email

@josephsl
Copy link
Collaborator

Hi,

I guess say all handler isn't being engaged for this specific issue. By the way, this issue is a bit different than #11157 proposal.

Thanks.

@DonRichmond
Copy link

I solved my own problem of the message not being read by Preferences>Settings>Advanced and selecting the options to use Microsoft UI Automation. Now NVDA works the same in eM Cliient and Outlook 365.

@Dennisl123
Copy link

Dennisl123 commented Jul 15, 2021 via email

@Qchristensen
Copy link

Just had a user report this and I can replicate:
Using :

NVDA 2021.3

Windows 10 (64-bit) Version: 21H2 (2009), Build: 19044.1348

Office 365 (64-bit) Version: 16.0.14701.20206

With "Say all on page load" in NVDA"s browse mode options checked, NVDA only reads the first line of messages in Outlook.

The same behaviour was present in NVDA 2021.2, but this worked in NVDA 2021.1

This issue appears to have evolved through possibly several different issues (since it was first reported in 2013, but as I am experiencing it, appears to be new since NVDA 2021.2).

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

8 participants