Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA makes Windows Explorer crash in the Windows Action Center #3024

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 23, 2013 · 6 comments
Closed

NVDA makes Windows Explorer crash in the Windows Action Center #3024

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 23, 2013 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by k_kolev1985 on 2013-02-23 08:38
If I'm reading an error report in Windows Action Center, using the mouse tracking function of NVDA (reading with the mouse), Windows Explorer will most probably crash.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open "Action Center" in the Control Panel.
  2. If you don't have any current error reports (messages from the "Action Center"), go to the link "Show archived messages" (if you have any there).
  3. Open a message, and with NVDA's mouse tracking turned on, start exploring the window with the messages.
    Expected result: NVDA should read the things under the mouse cursor without problems.
    Actual result: A "Windows Explorer has stopped working" error message appears and the "Action Center" closes.

NVDA version: snapshot main r5900.
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32-bit in bulgarian with locale settings set to "bulgarian".
IE version: 8.0.7601.17514.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2013-02-24 03:01
Does this happen with NVDA 2012.3.1?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by k_kolev1985 on 2013-02-24 10:48
Yes, it happens with NVDA 2012.3.1 as well.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by nvdakor on 2014-04-28 22:43
Hi,
I cannot reproduce this on my Windows 8.1 system (perhaps I have no archived messages).

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by k_kolev1985 on 2014-04-29 06:35
Actually, this was under Windows 7 and with an older version of Internet Explorer. After I've updated the browser, the issue stopped occurring, if I remember correctly. I'll check it on my virtual machine with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11 if it still occurs, but I doubt that it does.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

According to #3024 (comment), the reported issue no longer persists with Internet Explorer 11. Since this therefore seems to be specific to older versions of IE, which we no longer can provide fixes for, I suggest closing. @ehollig

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

LeonarddeR commented Aug 15, 2017

Agreed. Also note that most people wouldn't use the mouse here, so the issue is very specific and updating to IE11 is a perfect and preferred workaround.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants