Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Title of NVDA documentation pages is h2 instead of h1 #3031

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 1, 2013 · 17 comments
Open

Title of NVDA documentation pages is h2 instead of h1 #3031

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 1, 2013 · 17 comments
Labels
bug/regression bug component/documentation p5 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by jteh on 2013-03-01 01:16
As of txt2tags 2.6, the title of NVDA t2t documents is in an h2 instead of an h1. This is because this heading now looks like any other heading, so the postproc rule we use to convert h1 to h2 in the content now applies. At this point, I'm not sure how to work around this, since postproc rules are executed on each line, not the entire document. At worst, we can get rid of the heading rules, which will unfortunately mean that the document title is at the same level as the top level headings.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by MHameed on 2013-03-01 18:26
another possibility is to add a macro which only applies to the first line.
%title{this is the title text}

and to apply the two macros to global.t2tconf.

Seems to work around the issue here.
Thoughts?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment 3031-1.patch added by MHameed on 2013-03-01 18:28
Description:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2013-03-02 12:33
That was another option I considered, but my concern is that this requires every translation to be changed accordingly, which is irritating. Btw, I think this can be done with just one filter.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2013-03-11 01:54
For now, I've downgraded txt2tags on the build server, as we don't have this problem with 2.5. We should still address this, though I'd like to get it fixed in txt2tags if possible.
Changes:
Milestone changed from 2013.1 to 2013.2

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2013-06-26 03:01
Changes:
Milestone changed from 2013.2 to None

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

It seems we are still at txt2tags 2.6. I assume it is still not possible to upgrade due to this issue?

CC @jcsteh

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 17, 2017

Correct.

@jcsteh jcsteh added the p5 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority label Jul 17, 2017
@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 17, 2017

P4 because we're coping just fine with things as is and txt2tags is rarely updated.

@derekriemer
Copy link
Collaborator

what about, yes I know I'm bad, sending the whole thing through python converting the first h2 it to h1 after postproc?

@josephsl
Copy link
Collaborator

Hi,

Coming back to this...

This is going to be an important showstopper for compiling Python 3 version of NVDA from source, as txt2tags throws all sorts of errors (exception syntax, print statement, etc.). There is an experimental branch for supporting Python 3, but hopefully it is something that should be addressed via a stable release, including the original issue raised here.

Thanks.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

May be a very rigorous idea, but couldn't we convert the whole thing to markdown while at it?

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I think we should consider closing this in favour of #8734, as the overall consensus seems to be that markdown is the future proof way to go.

@dpy013
Copy link
Contributor

dpy013 commented Feb 29, 2020

hello
Recommended pandoc-action-example automatic conversion action
Hope this tool can be helpful for the next document conversion
thanks

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

For now still txt2tags will still be sued, it is adapted to python 3. Thus, I would not close this issue for now.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

This is fixed as of NVDA alpha-2789Z42dbabcc (2023.2.0.27892). Closing as works for me.

[Project] Developer Docs automation moved this from To do to Done Mar 30, 2023
@lukaszgo1
Copy link
Contributor

This is not fixed as such - we're just using older version of txt2tags where this bug does not exist. When / if we would decide to upgrade t2t this would still be a problem or at least we would need to look out for it.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Ah thanks for pointing this out, I am reopening this one so we can track the proggress here.

@Adriani90 Adriani90 reopened this Mar 30, 2023
[Project] Developer Docs automation moved this from Done to To do Mar 30, 2023
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
bug/regression bug component/documentation p5 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority
Projects
Development

No branches or pull requests

8 participants