Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

add support for maxthon browser #3039

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 3, 2013 · 8 comments
Closed

add support for maxthon browser #3039

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 3, 2013 · 8 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by beqa on 2013-03-03 09:02
hi.

please add support for maxthon browser if it is possible.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by ateu on 2013-03-03 09:15
Hi,

I suspect this browser cannot be accessible, as it doesn't uses the necessary accessibility APIs

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by briang1 on 2013-03-03 10:57
I think this has come up before. are we sure there is no other ticket. No I can't find it either, but if my memory serves me right, this uses part of the Internet Explorer code to display the web sites. It did not impliment the apis needed for screenreaders when it first came out, but maybe if someone had a word with the writers it might be done.
What are the advantages of the browser over others?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by beqa on 2013-03-03 11:02
it is very fast and can grub everything from websites.

also it is very extensible

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2013-03-03 13:57
Please provide technical details if you can; e.g. what browser it is based on, what rendering engine it uses, etc.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by egogi (in reply to comment 4) on 2013-03-03 14:56
Replying to jteh:

Please provide technical details if you can; e.g. what browser it is based on, what rendering engine it uses, etc.

It uses both trident and webkit. Either one can be used as the default. It is based on internet explorer. What else do you need? Good information on browsers is at www.wikipedia.org The latest version is 4.3

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@feerrenrut From #3039 (comment), do we have sufficient technical information about the Maxthon browser in order for us to be able to be certain whether or not NVDA can improve support for this browser?

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

LeonarddeR commented Sep 16, 2017

Even though NVDA supports webkit to some extend, Safari for Windows has always been quite inaccessible from what I recall. Having said that, I think NVDA is doing a good job in supporting the four major browsers on the market. In my opinion, at least from NV Access we can't expect that they invest time in supporting a browser that is only used by a small group of people. So, even if this could be fixed from a developers perspective, I'm yet leaning towards a won't fix.

@feerrenrut
Copy link
Contributor

There isn't really sufficient technical information present, this would require some investigation. I agree with @LeonarddeR that implementing this would not have sufficient impact to our user base to warrant the time spent by NV Access. There is also the potential for significant maintenance cost. Closing as won't fix.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants