Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Extreneous speech on reaching the filter button in define name range dialog in Excel. #3041

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 4, 2013 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by sumandogra on 2013-03-04 11:17
Excel 2010
Extraneous speech containing “msogeneric container...” message is given on reaching to the filter button in define name range dialog in Excel 2010 with TAB or SHIFT + TAB.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Open a workbook that has some data to be named in a range.
  2. Press ALT to go to the ribbon. Go to the formulas tab>dine name grouping name manager button.
  3. Press TAB to move in the dialog. On reaching the filter button NVDA gives an extraneous speech…”msogeneric container…”
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by briang1 on 2013-03-05 07:53
Actually in the open dialogue of Word when tabbing about this same string is poken occasionally, usually only on the first encounter with the control which triggers it each time you open the dialogue. I'd guess its the same in save as as well.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

The announcement of 'nso generic container' for no apparent reason and even multiple times in some cases is an issue across Microsoft Office products. I recall another ticket being present reporting this same extraneous speech for the Apply Styles dialog in Word. Thoughts? @michaelDCurran

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 15, 2017

The ticket that pertains to Word is #1836

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I cannot reproduce this in MS Word 2016 with NVDA 2018.4 Beta 2 on Windows 10 1809 update. i will test in MS Word 2010 as well.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I tested also in MS Excel 2010 on Windows 10 with NVDA 2017.3. This happened iregularly, approx. one time in 20 attempts. I had this "MSO generic control" reported by NVDA in other examples. But most of times it cannot reproduced reliably.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

This is not reproducible in NVDA 2019.1.1 and MS Excel 2010. Closing as works for me.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants