Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA announces "not selected" after each list item in any combo box in MS Word such as in customize dialog. #3046

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 4, 2013 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by sumandogra on 2013-03-04 12:00
MS Word 2010
NVDA announces “not selected” after announcing the list item name on navigating the items of combo boxes in the customize dialog. This behaviour can be observed in many places. One can observe the same behaviour in the table of contents dialog or insert charts dialog as well. For example, the choose commands from combo box in the customize page of the options dialog. Its an important page that can help users to select the commands they want to work with in MS Word/MS Office apps.
This piece of speech "not selected" is confusing and user may waste is time findidng out how to select the list item.
Steps to reproduce:
In MS Word, press ALT+F followed by T.
select customize in categories.
TAB to choose commands from combo box.
Use UP/DOWN ARROW to move in the list items.
NVDA announces the list item followed by “not selected”.
It is confusing.
This can be observed in other combos in the same dialog. This can be observed in may other places in MS Word 2010, such as insert chart dialog.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 20, 2017

I am not able to replicate this using Word 2016. I am not sure if there would be a different experience using Word 2010. NVDA is able to read all list items in the "Customize Ribbon" option without saying "Not selected".

@ehollig ehollig changed the title NVDA announces "not selected" after each list items in amny combo boxes in MS Word such as in ose commands from combo in customize dialog. NVDA announces "not selected" after each list item in any combo box in MS Word such as in customize dialog. Sep 17, 2017
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I will test in MS Word 2010 tomorrow.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I cannot reproduce it in MS Word 2010 on Windows 8.1 with NVDA 2017.3.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@ehollig I think we can close this issue, since NVDA seems to work properly in this regard.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Nov 28, 2018

Thank you @Adriani90 for your testing. Closing as worksforme

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants