Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Add JSon module to NVDA distribution #3050

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 5, 2013 · 3 comments · Fixed by #7361
Closed

Add JSon module to NVDA distribution #3050

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 5, 2013 · 3 comments · Fixed by #7361

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ragb on 2013-03-05 15:38
It would be good to add the json module to NVDA's bundled python modules to avoid bundling it in every add-on that may need it. Further than communicating with web services, it can be used to store configuration and other data for add-ons (Pickle works too, but json is language-agnostic). From my testing it adds about 40kb to the distribution (probably less when compressed).

I believe it is just a matter of adding the json module to setup.py. If agreed I can make the change. If not, it is not a big deal, I can simply bundle the code when needed.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

CC @ragb

I'm afraid this change isn't this trivial, you will also have to deal with Py2exe stripping unneeded modules. So you will have to set an exception for this.

Having said that, I belief this would be helpful, since multiple add-ons are using JSON. Furthermore, now there is a recognition framework (#7361), it is easier to integrate web services into NVDA that might make use of JSon.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 18, 2017 via email

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Thanks for pointing out. I updated the description of pr #7361 accordingly to let the Github magic close this issue automatically.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

Successfully merging a pull request may close this issue.

3 participants