Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Firefox: Keyboard shortcuts in View -> Sidebar menu reported twice #3057

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 7, 2013 · 8 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by sumandogra on 2013-03-07 11:44
Firefox 19.0

The keyboard shortcuts of the submenu commands are announced twice in the menus of the Firefox.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Press ALT to go to the menu bar in Firefox.
  2. Go to the view menu>sidebar menu>bookmarks.
  3. The keyboard shortcut is announced twice.
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2013-03-07 23:52
This is a bug in Firefox. It's exposing the keyboard shortcut as the global shortcut instead of the shortcut within the menu. It only seems ot happen in this menu. For example, it doesn't happen in the File menu.
Changes:
Changed title from "The keyboard shortcuts of the submenu commands are anounced twice in Firefox menus." to "Firefox: Keyboard shortcuts in View -> Sidebar menu reported twice"

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Testing with NVDA 2018.4 Beta 2 on Fiferfox 63.0.3 on Windows 10 last Update, I cannot reproduce this issue.

@lukaszgo1
Copy link
Contributor

@Adriani90 I am still able to reproduce it with Nightly 65 on Windows 7 by following the STR given above. cc @jcsteh

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@lukaszgo1 I found out how to reproduce and also how to solve it:
To solve it, go to NVDA menu / preferences / settings / object presentation and disable "report object shortcuts".
Be sure that you create a profile for Firefox first and that you are in the Firefox window when changing this setting.
Obviously Firefox already provides this reporting feature natively and you don't need to enable it extra in NVDA.

@lukaszgo1
Copy link
Contributor

@Adriani90 wrote:

@lukaszgo1 I found out how to reproduce and also how to solve it:
To solve it, go to NVDA menu / preferences / settings / object presentation and disable "report object shortcuts".
Be sure that you create a profile for Firefox first and that you are in the Firefox window when changing this setting.
Obviously Firefox already provides this reporting feature natively and you don't need to enable it extra in NVDA.

It is not a fix, but rather work around of bug in Firefox.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Adriani90 commented Nov 27, 2018 via email

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Nov 28, 2018

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Nov 28, 2018

Now that a Mozilla bug has been filed, I don't think this is worth tracking for NVDA, as it's a fairly trivial issue. Closing.

@jcsteh jcsteh closed this as completed Nov 28, 2018
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants