Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

XFA PDF RadioButton custom reader text ignored #3079

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 12, 2013 · 4 comments
Closed

XFA PDF RadioButton custom reader text ignored #3079

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 12, 2013 · 4 comments
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. bug

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by BR001 on 2013-03-12 07:04
The custom reader text assigned to a radio button group (An Exclusive Group in XFA speak) is ignored by NVDA.

Instructions on adding this text are available at http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20120103/PDF10#working-examples/PDF10#working-examples/PDF10 but NVDA seems to ignore them.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

While this report/request is definitely technical in nature, I still feel like I should be able to make some heads or tails of it, which, unfortunately, I don't. Is this a PDF specific bug report pertaining to Adobe Reader, an application specific issue with a certain program, or a general document/web elements related deficiency in NVDA? I don't believe we can contact the original author of this ticket (or maybe we can, I am not sure). Therefore, @feerrenrut, do you believe we have sufficient information to work on this ticket in the future, or is the scope of the same unclear?

@feerrenrut
Copy link
Contributor

I think the link provides enough information to be able to reproduce the issue, but unfortunately I do not have Adobe Acrobat Pro which could be used to provide a test case. I would prefer to leave this open, hopefully someone is able to produce a PDF using the linked instructions and test this.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@LeonarddeR do you have Acrobat Pro maybe at Babbage and could please try to reproduce it?
@BR001 can you still reproduce it?

@Adriani90 Adriani90 added the Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. label Sep 15, 2023
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

We didn't get any updates from the initial author on this since many years, closing as abandoned. Please comment on it with an example pdf where we can reproduce this issue or with more testing details with newest NVDA versions and Adobe Acrobat, and then we can reopen.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. bug
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants