Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

In Internet Explorer the graphical links are repeated twice and are listed with twice in the elements list. #3080

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 12, 2013 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by sumandogra on 2013-03-12 07:20
In internet explorer The graphical links are announced twice and are listed twice in the elements list. This takes some more time of a user who is trying to navigate through a web page quickly.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Open a web page that has graphical links. For example, open www.yahoo.com
  2. Navigate around the page. There are certain links that will be repeated twice.
  3. Press G to quickly move to a graphical link.
  4. Press NVDA KEY+F7. Here again such links are listed with words repeated twice.
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by egogi on 2013-03-12 16:36
I don't find any repetition using your steps with windows 8 internet explorer 10.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 12, 2017

I do not find any repetition using the above steps with Internet Explorer 11 and Windows 10

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I'm closing this as invalid. This is or was probably related to bad web programming. If there are duplicates in the source of the website, there's nothing we could or should do about it.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Additional note, I recall JAWS has a feature to explicitly filter duplicated links, but I think this is not something that should go in NVDA core. Duplicate links are there for a reason, and if they are there for no valid reason, that's not something a screen reader should bother with.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants